This recipe is adapted from Nancy Silverton’s “Mozza at Home” cookbook.
- 1 cup of almonds
- 1 pounds of brussels sprouts
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup of pecorino romano or parmigiano reggiano
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spread the almonds on a baking sheet. Bake them until lightly golden-brown and fragrant, 10 to 12 minutes. Let them cool and coarsely chop them. Set aside.
Shave the Brussels sprouts using a mandoline to slice as thinly as possible down to the stem. Place the shaved sprouts in a mixing bowl. Add the olive oil over the Brussels sprouts and mix until combined. Add the vinegar, lemon juice, garlic and mix well. Add salt and pepper to your taste. Add the almonds and cheese and toss to combine. Serve or refrigerate until ready to serve.